Subject: Re: your mail
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: Blackout <[email-masked]>
Cc: Joe <[email-masked]>, "Layberger, Fredie" <[email-masked]>, "J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]>, John Bourg <[email-masked]>, lightwave <[email-masked]>, toaster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 21:50:17 -0400 (EDT)

> When is NEWTEK going to fix this supposed problem?  Also, does anyone
> have the number to the New Tek BBS, and what kind of talk goes on there?
> More than on this list I hope!

   1-913-271-9299 -- NewTek BBS, 3 lines, 28.8K BPS  Topek, Kansas
			CNet BBS Software, QWK-capable

The BBS has loads of stuff (mostly talk).  There are also file areas, 
with things like Flyer upgrades (4.04B is up), Feature/Bugs form for all 
you guys to fill out :), a few images and objects, and lots o' quick Tech 
Support.  Quick and efficient place.  Download a QWK to get a look at the 
messages (and Waverider's tags :) )

The most recent talk is about the following:

LW Distributed Rendering (DR) for the Amiga:  the shipping LW Amiga 4.0 
will NOT (likly) have DR.  However, they are looking into ways to control 
LW PC, SGI and Alpha from the ScreamerNet interface in LW Amiga, a 
feature which would NOT be available on the other platforms.  There is a 
voting topic devoted to this subject  -- I urge EVERYONE to vote FOR 
Amiga DR.

Mac LW:  There are now plans to do it, but not for quite a bit yet -- 
meaning after LW 4.0, Flyer, VT/Windoze, ect.

Flyer TBC:  NewTek is looking into NOT doing the Flyer TBC.  They are 
looking at what people want, so they put up a topic for that, too, so 
everyone go and vote YES.  At the least, I'd like the S-Video port to 
work (say, a daugter card distributed with the Flyer Final Version, or 
something).  I already have a dual TBC.

Toaster for Windoze:  Boy, I wish they'd change that to Toaster External, 
since it'll work on Amigas and IBMs when it ships.  Won't be any serious 
(re: too much) work done on it until Flyer 4.1 ships.

LW Shipping dates:  No one knows.  Chuck Baker (SysOp) is being very 
honest, saying "it'll be done when it's done" as the release date.  Call 
Tech Support, and they'll say 4-6 weeks, no matter if you call them today 
or next month (but we all hope we'll have it by then :) )

... and what you've all been waiting for...

Flyer 4.05.  Currenty runing through "TEST".  Will be posted once it's 
been cleaned up enough.  A quote of Tim Jenison says:

> We're really excited about the new functionality we have been able to
> implement in the 4.05 version of the software that is currently in Test.

  [ which is DAYS, not WEEKS!, to quote Paul Lara (Waverider) ]

> Some of the features that you will find in this new version include an
> elegant "cut to music" function, "lock-to-clip" capability, global audio
> control and a function for synchronizing foley (sound fx).  This is just a
> sample of what is to come.  We have listened to our flyer users and are
> working toward implementing as many of the features you have requested as
> possible.
 
I have no idea what most of this means, but sounds REALLY nice!  Soon now...

Gee, and I realy wanted 4.05 for my BDay (which is today, BTW :) )

No firm info on 4.1 yet... Ah, but we all knew that :)

Hope this helps...

And BTW, the BBS # is written in the first few pages of the Flyer manual, 
under How To Contact NewTek... :)

-- Joe
--
Joe Angell <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]